Thursday, May 07, 2009

Here's what I have so far.. but where's my happy ending?

So why are we here again? What's the purpose of life? (Please leave your comments!) According to the religion I was brought up in, we're in some kind of test to see if we're good enough to get to heaven. Seems a little wasteful of the infinite possibilities that the time and space available in the universe confine us to a set of finite time and possibilities all mostly mapped out. So to be good, well goodness is faith. I think in most of its forms too, like trust of your fellow human being to do unto you and not steal or hurt you. But what else? I justify most of my hedonistic tendencies, which I know are selfish and therefore against some people's definition of good (I think buddhism?) I justify them by claiming we have to be realist in life and take what we can while we're here. It just seems like such a struggle sometimes, right now I don't entirely regret writing this post even though it uses electricity and therefore conflicts with living in harmony with nature or at least self-sufficience.

No comments: