Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Catharsis.
It took me a while to find a summer job after that, I must have gone to at least 15 interviews that were either referred or related to school. After a certain waiting period, my mother's worries that I wasn't going to find a job and her remark that the local variety shop was looking for a clerk (which I know about of course, but I considered beneath me) finally made me apply, and get the variety shop clerk job. It was a pretty unmotivating job, but I was looking forward to the school year. To my dismay (I sort of saw it coming as the position I occupied was highly replaceable) they told me I didn't do it for them after two weeks (which coincided with the guy I was replacing returning from his vacation.) Through some great (my most fortunate one to date) synchronicity, I found a job, and started working even before I would have started the next work week at my old job. It paid more than any of my old jobs and was very enjoyable. I kept it during the school year.

No comments: