Tuesday, September 09, 2003

12/09
"Cabin Fever"*

Couldn't remember at first, then it started coming back to me. I remember the part that was cool like _going_ to the movies, then had to escape this madman who could tower over the woods. I was helping these two strangers escape, and when I turned back and they were no longer there, I didn't trust them enough to believe they still needed help. Met back with them at the lobby and they were mad at me and ignoring me. Escaping had been very hard though, and scary. Another part was the items we had in the car.

At the movies with a large family. I work at the theatre, and so they ask my help in doing this "I-need-a-third-account-to-watch-this" thing. I picture myself asking the guards and stuff to let them in and the risk of failure even though I'm an employee that they simply can't. I am not succeeding in time to add their third account (I'm looking at my watch) since the movie is about to begin and they've already taken their seats. So finally I panic and simply bill it under one of their two existing accounts. As they exit I hear the father say "the bill said to bill it." And that's when I realize I HADN'T paid for it and they had been stuck with the bill even though I had supposedly "invited" them. Embarrassment, humiliation. More to the point, I couldn't express my humiliation at jeopardizing our relationship. The excuses I would have to give! I mean, even if I'd paid for it right there..

No comments: