Wednesday, September 17, 2003

"The riddle"*
Starts out I'm taking care of brother. In a mall or something. Go into department store or something, strip and go swimming in their fountain. Later, realize there are still people all over the place. They ignore us as we disorganize everything and take stuff at will. I grab my stuff and we go upstairs into this little room.
On a bed facing the wall.. He splits, then I have to follow, almost outside, and I'm paranoid, worrying 'cause I'm responsible for him and it's so much if we get caught. He's having fun, apparently. Then I have a momentary transmogrification and I'm following to someplace, 'cause I returned there with my sister at night. Brother's not there, which is good, 'cause he would have continued the reckless pattern and pointed me out as the guy who taught him this. I almost take something, but it's risky as heck 'cause there's somebody right there (I see after the fact.) So I hear from her that where we were headed is that-a-way (she's asked that person,) to the biology dept. So we are going, and I'm as gloomy as ever, in the public humiliation of following my her.
She's as bright as ever, asking me questions and stupid ones about where we're going to make me answer. Like taking the wrong path on purpose. Finally, the building turns into the school and I remember thinking, why are going down a step if we just went up one? It totally reminds of an Escher painting. It was probably like in the school, an overpass or something, I told myself. Then, she disappears, and I'm left with two dependents. One, a tall, fair person, is confident and following us well. The other, blind, short and dirty, I'm responsible for as we are going somewhere. The short one is going to wait for us at the biology dept. The blond is faceless, but seems nice. As we walk away, we're talking and getting along really well. There's a whole bunch of people in the central bottom-floor square in a seating arrangement kind of like facing a stage, but I don't look at a stage. I get a good feeling, and I'm not even sure that where the the other is, so I put it in a hypothetical situation that says something nice. All I hear is that "this is exactly what IS happening!"
Down by the crowd, four people ask me a riddle about how 'if I had the last of my water, and we were in the desert' to who would I give it to. I answer I'd give it to both of them, and they are confused, so I try and explain. Someone annoying and small, jumps in and says, "All of them." And that was the right answer. I'm told repeatedly that I gave the wrong answer, I was wrong, etc. by attorney. I wake up a little later, not caring about anything else that having done the right thing.

No comments: