Thursday, October 30, 2003

22/07
(? 2 days from now)
"The Coldhouse"**1/2
Thriller. Recurring memories of this dream. Coldhouse up a cliff mountain Ste-Anne and better close the Blvd. champlain. Cold house. Was cold weather.
Entering (by breaking) into one, after having thrown dishes into the fire at the other. Having better time alone on the other side. When finally discovered, made a break for it (he didn't act like I was really in trouble to get me to stay calm was my most recent justification/reasoning).
Got the '67 Mustang. Met up with cousin once down there, talking to him a little about it.
Talking to him like now, thinking of the pros and cons of what I'll say in what context from their perspective before I say it. (Is it good to talk?) Last item before dream ended, "You know how it has two sides?... Led into something. Still driving the Mustang, scared of being pulled over, was thinking about telling him the reason was I didn't have the registration on this car. Blvd.-side restaurants and motel neon signs lighting up the way. The cops ending up not even pulling anyone over.
Feel as though I haven't conveyed the full extent of the mystery of the coldhous(es.) I enter through a rope bridge, and into this single-family sized habitat seemingly carved out of the cliff into which it rests. Outside its windy and ice-cold, but inside a warm and bustling restaurant-like environment greets me. It's prevalently orange, and the fire rages to the right. Small round tables are packed with patrons, all engaged and boisterous. Who cares what they're eating? I don't even remember what I ate, probably some warm pasta, maybe spaghetti and (sounds like meatballs!)
Something about showing off, I at some point threw my dish into the fire. Now, it's not clear whether I owned the dish (and/or by extrapolation the restaurant) or not, but it was definitely an act of [monetary] financial frivolity. Evening (still young) and interesting winding down, excitement definitely waning. Left to go to the "other side" and had to break in. The room was empty, except maybe for a small tool in one of the corners, like an axe of something [shovel.] Caught, after a while, (felt like I slept there,) but next scene after running it's night again with cousin.

No comments: